If you’re after a healthy alternative to the usual afternoon sugar or fat ridden snack options, here are some great recipes that will satisfy your hunger without the extra calories.
Perfect for breakfast on-the-go, or as a morning snack, these crunchy oat bars are packed with flavour in every bite.
• 3 large ripe bananas
• 3 cups traditional rolled oats
• 1/4 cup finely chopped dried dates
• 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
• 1/4 cup slivered almonds
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 16cm x 25.5cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
Mash banana until smooth. Add oats, dates, apricots, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, press evenly into pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Cut into small bars. Serve
994kJ Fat saturated
* All nutrition values are per serve.